Gladstone Area Promotion and Development Limited are always seeking new volunteers who have an interest in the Gladstone Region. Volunteering is a fantastic and rewarding way to contribute to your community, by offering your time, local knowledge and passion for the Gladstone Region.
GAPDL’s Cruise Ambassadors provide Cruise Ship Passengers and Staff with a friendly and warm welcome, when visiting the Gladstone Region. For each cruise arrival, Cruise Ambassadors welcome the Cruise Ship passengers and crew into the Feast on East Markets, located at the East Shores Precinct. Cruise Ambassadors are trained and wear exclusive ‘turtle shirts’ for their role in welcoming cruise passengers to the region.
• Meet and greet – both cruise passengers and locals
• Offer information – including maps, brochures, Gladstone bags and local newspapers
• Staff the mobile information centre (IVAN)
• Provide courtesy umbrellas for shade or rain
• Offer assistance for customers with mobility issues
• Direct cruise passengers and locals to areas within Feast on East Markets and Gladstone
For more information on the Cruise Welcome Ambassador Program, please contact the Events Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 4972 4000.
GAPDL’s Volunteer Ambassadors are the backbone of the visitor services at the Gladstone, Agnes Water and Miriam Vale Visitor Information Centres. The role of the Visitor Information Centre is to promote the region’s activities, attractions and accommodation, to ensure visitors have all the information needed for their stay.
• Assisting with visitor enquiries, over the counter and phone
• Selling retail stock, including souvenirs and taking payment
• Processing and assisting with accommodation and tour bookings
• Participating in familiarisation trips to gain a better understanding of tourism operators in the region
For more information on volunteering in the Visitor Information Centres, contact GAPDL on 07 4972 4000.