DISCOVER BOYNE ISLAND AND TANNUM SANDS
With superb beaches, beautiful waterways, active tracks dotted with local artwork and a number of unique events calling the region home… There’s so much to love about the picturesque coastal communities of Boyne Island and Tannum Sands! But don’t take our word for it, discover the area for yourself with our top picks of things to see and do;
1. Get active on over 15kms of pathway, known as the ‘Turtleway Bikeway’, which winds along the Tannum Sands coastline.
Load the bikes in the car and take the whole family for a ride along the ‘Turtleway Bikeway’. Being active has never been so easy as you enjoy a ride between the towns of Boyne Island and Tannum Sands along both sides of the bank of the Boyne River.
2. While you’re already there, be sure to appreciate the Boyne Tannum Turtleway Artscape with artwork such as sculptures, mosaic and functional art among other things.
Creating immense interest and pride among both local residents and tourists alike, the Boyne Tannum Turtleway Artscape is a true celebration of Public Art. Made possible by local businesses, and making use of local artists, you won’t be able to help but admire the wonderful artistic works that make up the Artscape. This is a must see for everyone, but especially if you’re an art lover!
3. Enjoy a day of sun, sand and salt at Tannum Sands’ patrolled surf beach.
A day at Tannum Sands main beach is a day well spent! Patrolled from September to May each year, Tannum Sands Beach and the Millennium Esplanade is a beautiful destination on the Central Queensland Coast. Enjoy building sandcastles with the kids, a dip in the ocean, a play on the amazing playground and finish it all off with lunch in the parklands.
4. Throw down a rug and have a picnic at Canoe Point Beach and Parklands (pooch approved).
What could be better than a picnic with the whole family, including the fur-babies! Let the kids and dogs run free to enjoy the sunshine, sand and surf on Canoe Point Beach. Close by, the parklands offer shelter huts, wood-fired barbeques, playground equipment and open grassed areas providing a tranquil environment for all to enjoy.
5. Visit the local Beach Arts Music (BAM) Markets.
Featuring food stalls, live entertainment, arts and creation stalls and lots more, this free community event makes for an awesome afternoon out with family and friends. They’re held on the first Saturday of every month, except January and February.