Welcome to the GAPDL Business & Economic Development Centre
Gladstone Area Promotion and Development Ltd (GAPDL) is a not-for-profit, membership based organisation that was originally founded in 1983.
Today GAPDL is a dynamic and enthusiastic organisation, and our Vision is to 'advance the Gladstone Region through the promotion and development of business, industry and tourism for the benefit of our members and the Community.'
We will achieve this Vision through our Corporate Aims:
- Promote the Gladstone region as the 'Region of Choice' for environmentally responsible business and industry.
- Market and develop the Gladstone Region as a preferred tourism, investment and lifestyle destination.
- Foster community acceptance of responsible industry and development.
- Encourage and foster new sustainable business and industry investment for the Gladstone Region.
- Identify and facilitate strategies that will grown existing regional business.
- Facilitate programs that enhance the well-being and lifestyle of the Gladstone Region.
GAPDL is the lead economic, tourism and community development agency for the Gladstone Region. The organisation has official recognition through Tourism Queensland, DSDIP, AusIndustry and Gladstone Regional Council and sits at the heart of the Region’s economic and tourism expansion.
More than an economic growth partner, GAPDL operates and manages four accredited Visitor Information Centre's (VIC's); Agnes Water, Gladstone, Miriam Vale and Tannum Sands. The Regional VIC's are supported by a united team of Volunteer Ambassadors with vast knowledge and appreciation of the Gladstone Region.
GAPDL is also the Project Managers for the Gladstone Region Communities for Children (C4C) program that strives to assist young people and their families grow into a child friendly community. GAPDL have also successfully run various other community based programs aimed at integrating new families into the Gladstone Region.
GAPDL aim to grow existing regional businesses and further attract additional investment opportunities to the Gladstone Region. GAPDL’s active participation and facilitation of projects, programs and services for the Gladstone Region greatly benefit the Community.
GAPDL is governed by a Board of 10 Volunteer Directors from a range of sectors of the Community. The Chief Executive Officer reports to the GAPDL Board monthly that together strive to enact GAPDL’s Corporate and Strategic goals for the betterment of business, industry, tourism and community development in the Gladstone Region.